Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gratitude

WOW. See...this is why the Blogosphere is so incredible.

Yes, we are talking to one another in our homes behind computer screens.

Yes, perhaps we should be out talking to real people.

But in some ways, the internet is more real than real life is real. I can't think of anybody in real life aside from my sister and my mother with whom I would share the kinds of things I share with you here. Nobody else knows the secret, but now you do.

And I am simply amazed by the outpouring of support, friendship encouragement and commiseration in response to my post about Shame.

Some of you have offered up your own Shame in solidarity. Some of you have made light of your own accomplishments out of compassion. Some of you have gone out of you way to let me know that it doesn't matter; that it's just a thing...not a measure of worth.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you. I am truly, truly touched.

I would also like to thank Sandra at Organized Chaos, and Luckyzmom for nominating me for another thinking blogger award.

I love this award. I won't lie.

When I first dipped my pinkie into the blogging waters...I was a little dismayed. But I once I held my nose and jumped into the deep end, I found an incredibly smart and diverse population of mothers, writers, and women trying to make a difference through the power of their words.

But they weren't being given the accolades, attention or opportunities that some of the high profile bloggers were being given. And frankly, I couldn't see why the high profile bloggers were so high profile. It made me feel a little disheartened. I felt like women were not being fairly represented as the wonderfully insightful, intelligent and significant segment of the human collective that they really are.

So...I think I've got a handle on the kinds of folks who read my blog. After a year, I think I know my audience. Therefore, I give this award back to all of you. If you stopped by here today, give yourself an award.

Take this code, copy and paste it onto your blog, (hover over it for URL to original site) and then pass it on in whatever manner you see fit.



Because I have no doubt that there are thinking bloggers out there reading, that I have not been privileged to come across. I have no doubt that there are lots of bloggers who have not been given this award that deserve one. I have no doubt that blogging, at it's core, is not just a bunch of mindless inanity being dressed up as socially significant stream of consciousness and vomited onto the digital landscape that is the blogopshere.

It's real life, it's important, and it means something. And now, it is being recognized.

Congratulations on your Award!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Code Yellow Mom said…

    You are so cool.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Aw, you're so excellent. I loved this post. I've struggled with the same questions and never came up with such a great idea. You are just too damn cool!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Kerry McKibbins said…

    I felt the same way about blogging before I started, and it's hard to explain why we do it to someone who doesn't.
    Thanks for the "award".
    I was hoping to be nominated one day, lol.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    very well deserved, sister. and thank you.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kirdy said…

    Between you and Nina, I am not worthy. Both of you have such amazing courage. I'm proud to know both of you. Congrats on the award, you earned it!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Namito said…

    Wonderful! You are wonderful.

    I left my belated comment on your excellent last post, but I just wanted to add...in all of it's off-topicness:

    Education factories be damned. People are not machines. Why should we try to educate our children as if they are?

    OK...back to topic.

    Here's to all you passionate, intelligent, thinking bloggers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home