Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good Will Toward Men

Things you have never heard me say here on Blogs Are Stupid.

"Blogging is great, but what I really love to do is GAMBLE."

"I would really like it if I could increase my ejaculatory distance."

"I sure wish I knew where to find cheap illicit drugs from a questionable source."

"If only someone would contact me with a bogus inheritance scheme."

"It's just so frustrating trying to find likemined singles in my area!"

"Life would be so much easier if I had a counterfeit college degree."

"I just can't satisfy my partner with such a small penis."

"Forget love, I just want to meet a millionaire."

And yet, I receive daily offers for all those things. AND, I am routinely solicited to put ads for such on my blog. Does that make any kind of sense to you?

Maybe I'm monumentally stupid or perhaps just naieve, but I fail to see how email scams like this make any money. I don't know why junk email is even allowed to exist. I don't know how people can be so mercenary and dishonest and greedy. I don't understand how even the most simpleminded person falls for these things.

You know what I want for Christmas? And end to spam, scams, schemes and dishonesty.

Whaddya say fraudsters?

How about giving the world a gift?

All I want for Christmas is an empty mail box. An empty mail box.....

10 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    Amen.
    I have about 300 spam in my spam folder daily.
    And at work I win the UK lottery at least twice a week.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    i JUST got through tweeting about this!

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to know what about my blog gives the impression i am having sex frequently enough to review sex toys.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    You are so great. My sentiments exactly. I do NOT want to give her extra pleasure in bed!

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    hehehehe From your fingers to whomever, whatever.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger All Things BD said…

    Here here. And interspersed with this spam are actual legitimate emails that I WANT to keep, so I'm forced to read the subject header and get these disgusting images in my head.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hahahaha!!! well said!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tania said…

    Wow, the Google pervs are going to go nuts with this post!

    Is there a benefit to increasing one's ejaculatory distance?

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Har! Of course, the problem is that enough of the spams *work* (i.e., get suckers) that it's worth it to send a few hundred thousand out. After all, it's cheap!

    But, yeah, ugh.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Gross|Photo said…

    It still seems that anyone with even a hint of a brain wouldn't believe most of the BS that comes everyday, day after day, after day etc.....Now where to get my penis extended...=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home