Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Home Again Home Again

We are back from our weekend in Florida. It was wonderful, but as always, travelling is a lot of work. I am exhausted today from the drive, and from lack of sleep. I am really too old to party like that. SIGH.

Anyway...since I don't have the energy to write anything fabulous today, I'll direct you to a review I have written for Sam Stern's "Get Cooking" Sam is a teenaged chef who writes cookbooks for teenagers. It's a great concept. Did the cookbook meet my expectations?

Head over to Mid-Century Modern Moms to find out.

Here's an excerpt to whet your appetite:


"Get Cooking" by Sam Stern

I have two boys, whom I am trying desperately to raise into self-reliant young men. My father is the quintessential fifties husband, who is as helpless today as he was then. He is completely dependant upon my mother and if he survives her, that responsibility will shift to one of his three daughters. For that reason, I am determined not to let my boys reach adulthood without learning the basics of caring for themselves.

Nothing is more basic or more essential than being able to feed one’s self, which is why I love the concept of a cookbook written by a teen, specifically for teens. “Get Cooking” is the third cookbook by 17 year old Sam Stern; a British teen with a passion for food and cooking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home