Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Here's to HumDrum

Merry Christmas from the Antagonist Family


L to R : Diminutive One, BA, Hubs, Pubescent One

Doesn't Hubs look great? He's lost 50lbs. He and I are going to begin training to run a marathon in March. YIKES! Doesn't PPO look like a giant? I sometimes forget how big he is until I see a picture of him next to me or his Dad. And I was wearing three inch heels. DO is from my gene pool obviously. I don't really see it, again, until I see a picture of him next to me. He really has my mother's face, and I have often forgotten that. Now however, I sometimes gaze at him for very long moments, remembering how they looked side by side. His face has become my emotional touchstone.

We've had a tough year. But we made it through together. I feel enormously fortunate to have a man by my side who is my best friend as well as my life partner. My boys? They challenge me, as you know if you've been reading BAS for any length of time. But they are really good boys. They have kind hearts and they have inherited their Dad's loving and sensitive nature. I hope one day they each find someone with whom they can share the kind of strength and happiness that Hubs and I have found with one another.

I hope the New Year will bring peace, love and contentment to all of you. I selfishly wish the same for myself. I'm ready for some humdrum living now. Raise a glass and let's make a toast. To "Humdrum" and the happiness it brings.

*TING*

9 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Beautiful family photo!! You all look wonderful. :) I'm hoping for a way better 2011. 2010 has been pretty awful.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Any name said…

    Beautiful. All the best to you and yours in 2011

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Amie aka mammaloves said…

    How long have we been doing this blog thing?

    Lovely to see a pic of you!

    Wishing you a wonderful new year.

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Riebee said…

    congrats! I'm doing 5 endurance events this year. where is your marathon? I'm doing the MCM again this year.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kathryn in NZ said…

    Lovely to see you all - I know you don't like to post family photos as a rule.
    Seasons Greetings back at you, and may 2011 be onward and upward for you.

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger merinz said…

    Thank you for posting a pic of you all. You have some fine sons and a family unit to be proud of. And this is not something that happens without a loving and strong partnership!

    Wishing you all the very best for the new year.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Mrs Catch said…

    Beautiful! And congrats on the weight loss. The best bit isn't how you look. It's how good you feel! Best of luck with your training.

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Lara said…

    A very happy holiday season to you and yours...

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    Way behind as usual, but I love your photo and wish you peace and happiness in the new year :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home