Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Hopeful

Hope.

Someone just told me (indirectly) that I have no hope because I don't have God in my life.

Let me tell all of you something...

2009 and 2010 and parts of 2011 have been the hardest years of my life. I lost my Mom, I suffered a devastating and frightening illness, my husband lost his job TWICE and my youngest son was diagnosed with Asperger's.

But I did not lose hope.

Did I sometimes feel hopeless? Yes. But not enough to give in to despair.

Why?

Well first, because I have a wonderful husband and  a loving family and so much life ahead of me and those I love. But also because there are so many reasons right here before us to hope.

I have hope each time I hear a new born baby cry.

I have hope each time I see a perfect sunset. Hear the ocean waves. See a bird soaring high above my head.

I have hope each time I witness a random act of kindness. Or see someone fight for someone else even though they benefit not at all from the outcome.

I have hope when I see the amazing beauty that man is capable of creating; art, achitecture, poetry, music and dance. Such things do not come from a doomed and hopeless race.

I don't need God for hope when I have so many real, tangible things to make me hopeful.

So there.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger jess said…

    People are just dumb sometimes. Unfortunately the ones who should keep their mouths shut are the least likely to.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    People are so judgmental sometimes! I always think of them as very insecure if they have to say critical things like that. Their way has to be right and perfect! There is comfort everywhere if you just look for it.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    And let the congregation say, "amen."
    lol.

    Hope staying alive!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Evil Gym Mom said…

    Hey BA
    Just wanted to share this link with you
    http://mypajamadays.com/2012/02/26/giving-god-the-left-overs/
    Not because I want to push religion at you, but simply because when I read it, I thought of you. You have faith, your own brand. Who else's could you have?
    I count myself fortunate to live in a country that is not religion centric. I certainly couldn't cope with living somewhere that is showing the grace that you have.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    You are preaching to the choir over here!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    as in, I'm already a believer in your kind of hope.

    (Just in case their was any misinterpretation)

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Gurukarm said…

    This particularly resonates with me: [when] "someone fight[s] for someone else even though they benefit not at all from the outcome." because of the work the organization I work for does. The corollary is "even when the outcome is uncertain, impossible, or doomed" we still have hope and soldier on so to speak.

    This quote that someone on FB shared also gives me hope everyday, particularly the last sentence (and, even though from a religious text, I do not view it at all as religious): "Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - The Talmud

    Sharing hope with you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home