Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Thank You Mom 101

I don't "know" Mom 101, but not long ago, in an effort to garner more traffic, I joined a web-ring called Crazy Hip Blog Mamas where I ran accross her blog and many others that were not stupid. I enjoyed her writing style and envied her career, so I bookmarked her site and visited often to live vicariously through her.

As a novice blogger, I was a little hesitant to offer comments unsolicited, but she had no such qualms. Over the last couple weeks, Mom 101 has said some incredibly kind things about my writing, linked a couple of my posts, and now has nominated me for the "perfect post" award.

I want to thank her for taking me under her wing, so to speak. She has increased traffic to my blog tenfold and spread the word through her own highly trafficked and extremely well-written blog. I am surprised and touched by the kindness she has extended to a near stranger. What a truly cool chick she is.

Also, I would like to thank the gals who started the perfect post thingee. It's not really a contest, because everyone who is nominated, gets an award. But in a medium where so much petty divisive bullshit takes place, it's refreshing to see something that unifies and uplifts the wonderfully diverse, intelligent and creative women that populate it.

So go visit Lucinda and MommaK and check out some of the other nominees. You will see that I am in good company. There are some really incredible writers out there, and their slice of life commentary, which I started out criticizing, has amazing power, poignancy and passion.

In closing I would like to thank everyone who has visited me through one of these links and been kind enough to leave a comment. I have read them all, and though I would love to say that writing is it's own reward (and in many ways it is)...it's damn nice to have someone say nice stuff about what you wrote.

This blog thing might just catch on.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY for you. Well deserved.

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, your perfect post was excellent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home