Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, May 01, 2006

I would like to thank the Academy....

I mean, Lucinda and Mommak for this award.




You can find the nominated post here.


But it's more than an award. With all this talk of Mommy Wars and such, I think that what Lucinda and Mommak are doing is bringing women together, in a time when so many other factors are tearing us apart. So thanks, to the two of you, for doing something positive and constructive for women and for bloggers. The "Perfect Post" button above will bring you to the list of those awarded this month. Go read. These are some smart, insightful and funny women and their writing is first rate. I think you will be moved, and tickled and probably find yourself nodding your head a time or two.

I would also like to thank everyone who has commented on my piece "Religion for Dummies". I always feel a little bit like a naughty child when I share my thoughts about religion and faith. I'm glad to know that there are others who can identify with my struggles. I also appreciate the Christians who have weighed in and shared their thoughts. The discussion cannot be fair and balanced (apologies to FoxNews for using their tagline) without both sides being represented so your input is absolutely essential.

Congratulations to everyone else who received a Perfect Post award this month. I am humbled to be in such company.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said…

    You deserve it! You could be nominated for the Perfect Post everyday.

    I'm gushing. Sorry.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Aw, thanks a bunch. You're sweet to say so!

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    I agree with Mrs C. Two for two...that's saying something.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    congrats! totally well deserved, and a great comment about mommy-wars--it's great to see such support threading its way through the community.

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said…

    I have totally missed out on the Mommy Wars. I mean I haven't seen any actually fighting anywhere- Just talk of it.

    The Perfect Post Awards make me feel all warm and fuzzy every month, too. I had no idea how many great bloggers were out there, you being one of them. Congrats again. And thanks for your kinds words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home