Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Migraine

No slice of life from me today,
no anecdote, no repartee.
Throbbing misery
dulls my poor senses.
I struggle with syntax,
grammar and tenses.
My head is throbbing,
my vision is blurred.
My stomach is heaving,
my speech is slurred.
The children worry
with Mom such a mess.
In vain they try to
ease my distress.
They ply me with aspirin
and try to be quiet.
A failure of course,
but I'm touched that they try it.
It seems somewhat shameful
since I'm not all but dead,
But my pillow it beckons,
and I must make for bed.
Husband comes home,
What the hell happened here?
Mom's got a Migraine,
it all becomes clear.
He says not a word,
but gets right to work.
He tackles the mess
taking care not to shirk.
He brings me caffeine,
ice and some kisses,
I raise my head weakly
Did you do the dishes?
Husband is home,
and now all is well,
except for my head
which still hurts like hell.
But I am off duty,
good drugs not remiss.
So I pop one with relish,
and wait for the bliss.
Be gone evil migraine,
I'll banish you yet.
And pray to never
another one get.
There's little hope,
but I harbor it still.
Maybe one day,
no need for a pill.


Sorry for the lame-o post. I really do have a migraine. This is the best I can do today.

11 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said…

    I tip my hat to you for being able to even type with a migraine. When I get them I can't even open my eyes.

    Feel better!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Me too, usually. Today is day two, (hence, no post yesterday) and today it's marginally better. I still can't muster up even a tiny shred of creativity though. Thanks for the well wishes!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    Wow. You can post a poem with a Migraine!!?? I liked you before, but I feel like I should bow or something now :)

    I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Don't be impressed! It's very, very bad poetry. Just a step above Dr. Suess. Or not even. His rhyming is superior and his meter much better, I think.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger My float said…

    Yeah, I'm with the others. A hint of a migraine and I'm in bed groaning and generally useless.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wrote that while sick?!

    I'm never posting anything ever again.

    (Your husband gets 10 points from me. How sweet!)

    (I almost forgot: Hope you feel better.)

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger Jess Riley said…

    I hope you feel better very soon; but even with a migraine, you are pretty damn talented.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never had a migraine but it is my understanding that they suck in the worst imaginable way. I hope you're better ASAP :)

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Antique Mommy said…

    I think it's quite good. And clever too. More please.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ah yes. The migraine. I know it well although not in the uber-crippling forms some people experience. Worse and I get older, though. I had one today that I "got" while I was at the grocery store. I chugged the last Frovatryptan I had, took 3 ibuprofens, downed a cup of coffee and tried to whip through the store as quickly as possible. At this point, the only major mistake I can discern is that I bought whole bean instead of ground coffee. Sigh... The combination of resignation and desolation that comes with each one. 'Till next time, I will attempt to seize the day.

    I hope your migraine hangover doesn't last too long.

    P.S. Here via Lucinda's Perfect Post.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Thanks to everyone for your well wishes! The migraine is gone, thank whomever. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem. Dr. Suess would be proud, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home