Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

B.A. Signing off until the New Year

Tomorrow is Christmas of course, and after that, I, Husband and the boys will be travelling to Wisconsin to visit my family. I only get to see my sister and her children once a year, my folks twice. I will not be wasting one precious moment blogging. Not that I don't adore all of you out in blogland, you see. But my family....every day I spend away from them I die a little bit more. I miss them with all my heart and soul. A Christmas miracle for me, would not be having to come back here. To stay, and take my place with them. To put down roots where in the place where I first bloomed. SIGH.

Anyway...

Blogs Are Stupid will be on hiatus until January 9th, or thereabouts. It really depends upon how heinous the vacation aftermath proves to be. I will try to pop on and post pieces from my archives now and then, just to keep things lively.

In the meantime, I hope you and yours have a peaceful and joyous holiday season. I hope the New Year finds you all safe and sound. I hope the year 2007 will bring you happiness, growth, and fulfillment.

Kiss your children, and keep the magic alive. Mine are 8 and 12. The magic is ending this year, I think. My oldest has been diligent about protecting the secret, but Diminutive One is no dummy. He knows, though he pretends that he doesn't. I think he does it more for me than for himself. That kid.

Merry Christmas. Happy Hannukah. Peach On Earth. Good will to Men.

Love,

B.A.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said…

    Merry Christmas! I hope Wisconsin is beautiful... I know it will be... ah, the midwest. Oh, to return.

    Best to you and yours,
    OTJ

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    peace and joy to you. see you again soon.

    have a wonderful break.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said…

    Hope your holidays are wonderful!!

    Can't wait till your back...hope your journeys are safe!

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a wonderful time...

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Chunky said…

    Hope you had a great Xmas and wishing you a Safe and Happy New Year!

    Seeing as it's the time of year you can get away with being sappy, i'll go ahead and say i'm really glad I found your blog!~

    Thanks for the laughs!

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    I am late for a merry xmas but just in time to wish you a peaceful, wonderful new year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home