Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Reco Redux

Bleah. I don't know what's wrong with me. Can't write, can't think, can't even come up with anything half-assed to post today. I'm in a funk, to tell the truth.

So, let me turn the tables. Instead of me giving you all sorts of opinions, you give me some.

Over the two years that I've been blogging, I've recommended tons of books, beauty products, movies, exhibits, restaurants, music, and entertainment venues here in the Atlanta area.

I always wonder if anybody ever actually takes any of my recommendations, and if so, what they thought.

If you have, like it or hate it, I'd like to hear from you.

For my part, let's see....

Upon Jess's recommendation, I read Angle of Repose and Crossing to Safety, both of which I loved. I have a ton more Stegner on my tbr list.

Another blogger posted a video of Lollipop by Mika, (I'm sorry, I forget who it was) which led to me being prompty and completely addicted to his latest CD, Life in Cartoon Motion.

Amy recommended Narrative, where I can become completely engrossed in reading the lushly human stories and evocative poetry for hours upon end.

Kate heartily extolled the virtues of these cupcakes and now I must make some. Knowing Kate, they will be every bit as delicious as she says and I will be forced to bake batch after batch.

There are more, I'm sure, and I will post them as they come to me.

But in the meantime, let me hear from you. What didja try, how didja like it?

8 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger Liv said…

    Oh! Urban Urchin recommended some music to me... the Fratellis, the Bird and the Bee, the kooks...evidently she loves bands that start with 'the', but anyway, they were all great.

    ***

    As for ATL, I frequently recommend Rathbun's and eat there often while drinking the divine Spellbound Chardonnay.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    I've been in a blogging funk too... You know it's bad when you're hoping something exciting will happen so you can blog about it.

    I have taken lots of recommendations in and stored them upstairs but so far haven't tried anything...

    What a boring comment, eh?

    Goes along with that funk nicely, thank you. :)

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger flutter said…

    Coke Zero saved my life :)

     
  • At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After reading a post of yours about beauty products I emailed myself at work to buy some sort of haircare product cause it sounded fab! Then lost the email and can't for the life of me remember what it was!

    Enlighten me? I would imagine, knowing my penchant for straightening my hair and using copious amounts of shine serum, it would have been something of that ilk....

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    From a purely practical standpoint, I loved your post on beauty products. It helps me immensely to have recommendations from others who have tried and love a product. I tried a few of your recommendations all of which I love, but especially the mineral makeup. I found a L'Oreal version at Wal-Mart called Bare Naturale which is working great for me. I don't think there will be any going back to liquid makeup for me.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Six Green Zebras said…

    Mika...

    You know where I stand on that one, LOL. Never have I heard a compilation of music that is as catchy as that CD. And he makes me feel like a kid again.

    My niece and nephew think he's great because he sings about lollipops - does it get any better than that?

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Sensitiva McFeelingsly said…

    I totally took your reco for Aveeno Positvely Smooth shave gel, and WOW! I love that stuff!

    If you're in the market for a new line of skincare, check out avalon organics (particularly their CO enzyme Q10 line) it has honestly done wonders for me.

    I also cannot love without my Buf-Puf face cleansing pads. They exfoliate and can be used with whatever cleanser you currently have. Rad! :)

    BTW, I am new to the blogging community, but have been reading your site for a few months now. I have to say you have really touched my heart and impressed me with your eloquence. I can only hope that my fledgling blog someday get the wings beneath it to soar like your does. :)

    Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i've only been reading your blog for a little while... but i like Mika now too. especially that "big girls are beautiful" song!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home