Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I DON'T KNOW

I went to the doctor today for a blood test. But I go to a small family practice and they do not have a lab on site. So it will be a couple of days before I get the results of my blood test back.

By the end of the week, we'll either be breathing a sigh of relief, or freaking the flock out.

It could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I swear to God that as soon as I left the doctor's office I started feeling crampy. And that would be par for the course.

I kid you not, I have peed on a stick, only to find blood when I wiped myself. So why not right after handing over a $25 copay for a blood test? Why should that be any different?

Of course, my friend Lisa, who is wishing a baby on me, asserts that it could be stretching of the uterine ligaments causing me to cramp. Nice try Lees.

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post on the issue, was the fact that while in Wisconsin, I spotted lightly for about...18 hours. Not red period like blood, but brownish blood.

This could possibly be implantation bleeding. I've never experienced that, and opinions vary as to whether such a thing actually exists, but it's yet more fodder for the Am I? or Aren't I? debate.

Husband is taking it better than I thought. He was very adamant about being done. But he assures me he'll be happy if I'm pregnant and I believe he's being sincere. But I think he will be freaking out on the inside just a little. As will I.

So there you go. You know as much as I do. Happy now you nosy, nosy people?? (winking at you but you can't see me because, well, I'm here and you're there)

17 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    thank you for indulging me. as you can see by my rapid comment, i'm checking in quite regular.

    and ps i hope there's a baby it just seems like great fun okay i'll shut up now i'm going bye

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    Whatever the outcome, I'm sure you'll handle it with aplomb. Thanks for including is in your waiting... Hoping for the best!
    ~Becky

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wishing for the best possible outcome for your family. (But a new baby would be so fun.)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    here and holding your hand

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    Well thank you for indulging (kind of) our nosiness :) Oh but the waiting is the worst part... at least once you know, you can wrap your mind around it!

    Like Lisa, I'm hoping for what's best for your family!!

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say is that most things happen for a reason, and even if they don't, since there are things we can't control, we have to go with the flow anyway.

    Ha.

    Flow.

    Just remember that amazing life circumstances are great fodder for writing!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If *we're* all on tenterhooks, I can just imagine how *you're* feeling! Thank you for thinking of us int he midst of your upheaval and uncertainty!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    I got that implantation bleeding thing with my third. My pee-on-a-stick test was negative, and then I got what I thought was my period, but it was just that brownish stuff, for about 5 days. Few days after that, did another home test and it was positive. They're tricky little suckers when you're...uh...more mature. :) I'm hoping for the outcome that will make you the happiest.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Hang in there. Waiting is awful. With this pregnancy I peed on a dozen sticks.

    We will all be waiting to hear.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    Will try to quiet the nervous tics so as not to disturb the entire waiting room. :)

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Woman in a Window said…

    Ohhh, the possibilities...Wow. Brings back memories of my husband NOT handling it very well.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, wow. What a roller coaster you must be on. Sitting here waiting with you.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger mamatulip said…

    Oh god, the waiting.

    THE WAITING.

    When will you find out?!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said…

    AAARrrggghhh!!!!

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said…

    Wowee, well, I hope this turns out whichever way you truly hope it does!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger elastic waistland said…

    Checking in to see if there was any news. Thanks for keeping us updated!

    I'm in the "a baby would be fun" camp -- but then again, I say that because it is not me who would end up sleep deprived and hormonal. ;-)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Sarahviz said…

    Will be feverishly checking back with you all this week!
    (It's so much fun when it's someone else!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home