Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Weirdness

You know, I've been writing this blog for almost 4 years now, and I've really gotten remarkably little crap considering some of the delicate topics I've written about. The crap that I have gotten is relatively mild and mostly, I ignore it.

I had an internet experience five years ago that resulted in my hide becoming iron clad. That experience also taught me that often when people lash out and say vile, awful things...it's not about me. I'm just a convenient and near perfect target, as would be any other blogger or myspacer or message board member they happened upon.

Because I'm a faceless stranger. They don't have to look in my eyes as they digitally scrawl their insults and hatred and profanity across these pages. It can be done with emotional impunity and cathartic intemperance.

No, It's about them, and the darkness of spirit that has overtaken them. It's about despair and loneliness and self-loathing. It's about not having anybody to care that they are miserable and hurting, and it's about feeling like there's no way to fix what's wrong.

There is something wonderfully freeing about venting one's spleen of all that anger and frustration. I get that, I really do.

So, Anonymous, whomever you are....

I hope that whatever is making you so sad and lonely and angry is lifted from your soul soon. I hope that somebody notices you're not okay and has the humanity to reach out and ask you what's wrong and how they can help.

Everybody needs and deserves that.

That said, there are several posts that still get a ridiculous number of hits though they are years old, due to my woeful disregard for basic search term science.

So sometimes I just chalk it up to the fact that some sick bastard who is frustrated and no longer gratified by jerking off in his Mommy's dirty panties decided to search out some visual stroke fodder to feed his perverse needs. With his one free hand trembling in anticipation, he pecked out something like...oh, say..."eat my Mom's pussy" (128 yesterday), which landed him here.

That post of course, did nothing to satisfy his deviant desires, and thus, sent him right over the edge, (where presumably, he had been teetering precariously for some time) and precipitated the kind of deranged, pubescent rantings you see on the post below, which, by the way, were stunningly well articulated, don't you think?

Boy, that sure fixed my little red wagon, dinnit?

To the other Anonymous (AMAZING how so many people by the same name happened to read my blog yesterday) who characterized this blog as "over the top dramatic"...it's okay. You don't have to like every blog you read. I certainly don't.

And I understand that some people don't get my sense of humor. That's okay too. Irony, sarcasm and satire are pretty sophisticated concepts.

Jesus, you go away for a few days to make sure you don't have a brain tumor and things go to hell in a handbasket. In that respect, the internet and real life are remarkably similar.

Am I right ladies?

17 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    Um... WOW. People really are asshats, huh? The whole concept of trolling has just never made sense to me, but I think you're handling it well. Honestly, it's so random it's almost laughable in this case - they're not even saying anything remotely sensible in their insults. I'm much more likely to be insulted by something well-thought-out and based on evidence than random "Fuck you"s.

    People are just dumb. Like I said, you've got the right attitude.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    How so very right you are!

    ~~Loved that post. Most, actually. :)

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey - I'm anonymous too! Please tell me that you can tell the difference between a troll anonymous and an anonymous that just doesn't want to reveal a name. I may share a name with anonymous, but we feel differently about a lot of stuff :-(

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger S said…

    I need to take some lessons from you, in resilience and imperturbability. How's that for a ten-cent word? :)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Christina said…

    I love your blog, it totally cracks me up, although I don't comment often.

    Anon's ridiculously dramatic behavior yesterday totally overshadowed any drama posted by you, just in case you hadn't noticed ;)

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Lisa said…

    Oh wow. BA, this post was brilliant.

    Thanks for being so much bigger than the trolls.

    And I'm glad to see you back...for however long. I love reading your blog.

    And you're the gal who turned me on to the Revlon ColourStay Mineral Lipglaze. How fabulous and dramatic is that???!!

    Feel better soon.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Woman with Kids said…

    Holy crap! It amazes me the time people spend doing incredibly stupid things. Taking the time to post several times, and posting such nonsense? Really sir, move on. Typing so much will injure your masturbating hand.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous OmegaMom said…

    Man...I had only read the first two anonymous comments. Whoa. Someone had a seriously bad day there, I guess?!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    banish the trolls from your kingdom....I get enough of them for both of us

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm... i totally write with a thesaurus. i adore it.

    hope all is ok.

     
  • At 3:20 AM, Anonymous a chris said…

    Holy crap! I'd only seen the first two, partially-coherent, nasty comments. Congratulations on being the recipient of the most baffling flurry of random unpleasantness I can recall encountering on any blog!

    That's incredible.

    I'm impressed with the thoughtfulness with which you've responded. I would probably not have had the maturity to manage that.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger The Woman Formerly Known as Jenn said…

    Don't they know that today's savvy blogger simply trips over to thesaurus.com any time the need to impress a troll comes about? No need for dusty, musty old books sitting next to us - unless it's to use as a coaster for that morning margarita.

    Rock on, BA.

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Amy @ Suburban Kvetch said…

    128 hits in one day? I might have to change what I write about! ;)

    NOT!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW. You're right. That person is a sick, twisted soul. Glad that you can rise above it all.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Apryl's Antics said…

    I just imagine this sad little person in a dark basement getting all red and puffy faced while furiously typing the hate. Way to handle someone so pathetic. I'll bet he/she/it will be back to read all of this, too.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous heidig said…

    WOOOOOW! Unbelievable!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    1. Oh, yeah, screw you for using all those BIG WORDS! Big words are so confusing for the simpletons among us.

    2. Once, when I first started blogging, I did something horribly trollish. I found this random blog by a woman who was building her (giant, and IMO ugly) dream house and who also talked about how much she loved Jesus. I wrote an anon comment about how she should stop building such an ugly monstrosity because Jesus wouldn't approve...but you're right, it wasn't about her. I was in a horrible situation at the time and was lashing out at a random, innocent stranger because of all the pain I had inside...I was a jerk, and I'm sorry for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home