Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Announcement

As of 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday, April 2, 2011.....

I am a certified
ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR.
Me. This girl....



But I'm not really that person anymore; inside or outside.
This is who I am now...



My body is strong and fit. And I won't lie...that's an AMAZING feeling. But the changes that have taken place inside are ten times more life changing. Eighteen months ago, I would never have had the confidence to walk into a Zumba class, much less a gym full of pysically fit people pursuing a fitness certification and truly believe that I belonged there. And it wasn't just because of being fat. It was because of not believing in myself and my ability to change my life; to take control of my future. Changing my body was HARD. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever done. But it made me see that if I can do that?? Sheesh...I can do ANYTHING baby.

Anything.

I.

Want.

People say to me..."You are an inspiration! But I could never do what you have done."  

Bullshit. You can. If you want to. If you really and truly want to. You too can do...

Anything.

YOU.

Want.


I  PROMISE.

10 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Lee said…

    Wow! Just WOW!! Congrats on the certification I'm trying and will come back to this post often to remind myself of what CAN be done when you put your mind to it.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous SandyG said…

    Whoa! Outstanding!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Evil Gym Mom said…

    Go BA!!!!!! You look like you can kick some serious butt :))
    And what role model for your young men.
    woohoo

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger ww.butterscotch said…

    Fantastic. I have to share this.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Gurukarm said…

    Wowzer wowzer!! You are SO awesome! And? so cute in your little pink zumba tank :-)

    When you're a little old lady many many many years from now and your boys are living wonderful lives, and have presented you and Greg with beautiful wives and grandchildren, and you're still out there dancing, you will be able to look back and tell yourself (and them!) that your best life began over this 18 months. (>cough cough Oprah!< ;-) )

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Todd S. said…

    Thank you.
    That rocks!
    you ARE an inspiration
    and I could never do it (mainly because I wasn't born with the hardware to be a physically fit woman), but I CAN kick this fat kid's ass and get back to the bitchin' me inside :-)

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said…

    Awesome. Congrats, dear.

    :)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Sarahviz said…

    I'm going to try to believe you.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Goose Girl said…

    You look so awesome. You are one hot mama. I admired your upper arms for 5 minutes.

    I need to do the same with myself.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Magpie said…

    Awesome. And inspiring.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home