Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weary

I am simply too weary to be witty, scathing or sardonic today.

Instead, I am going to post a picture that makes me happy. I don't know why. This painting is called "Flaming June" and even the name makes me feel light-hearted. June...I feel like she could be my friend.

The color of her gown is vibrant and liquid...almost juicy. I can feel the gossamer folds, running like water between her thighs. The ocean breeze caresses her, and I can smell the the scent of her hair as it warms in the sun. I think it smells like jonquils and baking bread. She is relaxed, serene. I wonder if it is the sun that has warmed her, or a lovers touch. I wonder if its the exhaustion of ardor that tranquilizes her.

I am brimming with contemporary disquiet....I long for her contenment and langour. Sometimes I think that if I lie as still as she, and imagine the tang of salt on my lips...I can steal it away for just a moment. Its a thought that cheers me. I find solace in her. Perhaps you can too. Lord Leighton would be pleased, I think.

My beautiful friend, Flaming June




The Art of Lord Frederic Leighton



(Dedicated to me. Yes, I am in touch with my feminine side, but don't expect too much of that petticoat twisting frippery here, or I will be forced to repent. I hate repenting.)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger nina michelle said…

    That picture makes me yearn for a sleepy spring afternoon. Weary from a morning of gardening and freshly showered.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Dandux said…

    I saw that painting and I imagined myself exactly like that... relaxing, having a wonderful siesta on a Sunday afternoon. Nice inspiration, to be sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home