Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Not Only Not Stupid....

....but interesting, uplifting, and inspiring.

I myself am not blessed with the kind of vision that allows one to take beautiful pictures. I can usually snap a reasonably clear photo of my kids, without decapitating or dismembering them, but its rare that I capture an image of exceptional beauty or interest. When I do, its simply a convergence of favorable conditions that occur at exactly the same time I depress the button on my camera. In other words, its nothing more than a happy coincidence.

There are those, however, who see beauty and art wherever they look, and use the camera as their creative medium to capture that beauty. Their perceptiveness and skill never cease to amaze me. They see the inherent grace in the human form, the wonder and power of nature, the brilliance and majesty of architecture, and the untamed nobility in the most humble creature. Some use their talent for commercial pursuits, others do it simply for the joy it brings them. Whichever the case, a person who can take a beautiful picture is, in every sense of the word, an artist.

This blog is a showcase for every manner of photo. Anyone can upload a photo, and add text if they wish. There are thousands of photos here, and you can lose yourself for hours in their beauty and artistry. You'll need to scroll down quite a ways for the FAQ's, if you would like to submit a photo of your own. There are a few guidelines, which I think are quite liberal and serve to preserve the integrity of the blog, more than to restrict subject matter. This is not a contest. Here is a brief description from the site:

Most of the nice Photos added to the TopPhotoBlog.com/pool and tagged with TopPhotoBlog will be Blogged. Your most beautifull photos with text published in a separated blog on internet and indexed with your name at Google and Yahoo. The last 10 added photos to the Pool are shown in the head on every single blogg. Imagine. So give it a try.

Special selection:
Special selected photos will be shown in the Favorites SlideShow and on TopPhotoBlog.com

I've been pushing "next blog" button fruitlessly for weeks, hoping to happen upon something worthy of posting here. Just when I was beginning to lose hope of finding any more not stupid blogs, I stumbled upon this, and I think you will agree, it is definitely not stupid. My only criticism is that I feel it needs a name that does it justice. With pleasure I give you:

Top Photo Blog

1 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well something went wrong.

    So please look:

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/TopPhotoBlog

    and

    http://topphotoblog.punt.nl

    and

    http://topphotoblog.livejournal.com

    and

    www.topphotoblog.com


    Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home