Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Random Blog Thoughts

You know those internet quizzes? How come you never see any that say...

You are a homicidal maniac. You have anger issues but deep down, you are like a Payday...extremely nutty on the outside, sweet and creamy on the inside. You disguise your sexual deviancy by dominating and abusing women, but you are happiest when you can dress up in yards of tafetta and go by the name "Mimi". The fictional character you relate to most is "Trashcan Man" from The Stand. Your color is black. Bleak, abyssal, impenetrable, black.




I don't get blog spam. Today I came accross a blog that at first glance, seemed legit. Then I realized it was just a bunch of random words strung together, with key words interspersed throughout. I really don't understand why or how this is supposed to generate income, but apparently, it does. Are there that many blockheads out there stumbling upon these cleverly disguised blogs and clicking indiscriminately ?Frankly, it annoys me that once again, spammers have invaded a place that normal people who HAVE A JOB go to have fun and relax.

Blog tag? People don't disgorge enough puerile irrelevant crap on their blogs, now we have to invent a game to encourage more? Quite possibly the stupidest idea I've ever seen.

Blog proselytizing. Its like take out for sinners. Generally speaking, don't people who actually want to find Jesus go looking for him? And also, generally speaking, wouldn't those people go to say...a church?

Foreign language blogs fill me with insatiable curiosity, especially those in Arabic and Chinese characters. I feel like an outsider; like I am being denied something really, really cool or important. It gives me a glimpse of what it might be like to be an immigrant to the United States; lonely, confused, shut out, misunderstood.

Some people have like...100 blogs on their blogroll. Do they actually read all these blogs, I wonder? Who has the time? Who knows that many people? Who finds that many blogs read worthy? I've been searching for weeks and I've found three that are not stupid. I suppose the definition of "not stupid" would be the sticking point there.

Background music....reeeeeeeeeaaaaallly not necessary. Not everyone is down with Gangsta Rap.

Why do people post all kinds of really depressing stuff on their blog and then apologize for it? Its YOUR blog. If you want to post a do it yourself guide to masturbation...go for it! But own it, take pride in it...and for God's sake don't apologize for it. Apologizing for stuff you continue to do just makes you look like a putz.

I see a lot of blogs that were created as part of an assignment. I really have to wonder if they are being graded on grammar, punctuation and spelling. My gut instinct, as well as line after line of commingling text, suggest they are not.

So there you have it...little snippets of thought regarding issues that are not sufficiently outrageous or interesting enough to warrant their own entry. I didn't include anything about the guy who has an entire blog dedicated to the Hulk, and in fact, has assumed the Hulk's identity and writes from his viewpoint. That, I think, warrants its own entry.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger nina michelle said…

    Hi! Name 4 of your favorite names for puppies! Post it and then ask your favorite bloggers to join it!

    ;)

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I so agree about blog tag! I'm so f***ing tired of being tagged. I did the first one thinking ok, I'll be nice and go along with it since it was the first time it happened. Now, I'm getting tagged every time I turn around. I just ignore it now. I don't want to be rude or ruin anyones fun, but I do have a life off-line.

    ~Sandy G.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home