Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Not Only Not Stupid....

...but right on the money.

If I weren't already happily married, I'd say I had found my soulmate. The utter contempt for senselelss inanity, the unabashedly derisive metaphors, the well crafted but undeniably protracted sentences, the three and even four syllable words, such as "alliteration" and "entendres"...(((SWOON))).

This gentleman says what I have been trying to say, but better. Of course, the rest of his blog is stupid, (sorry Kev, nothing personal) but its inarguably a higher caliber stupidity, and it is well worth the minimal amount of clicking required to read that one entry. Its witty, insightful, sardonic and exceedingly apropos. Kudos Kevin.

Cocktails with Kevin

3 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger kevin black said…

    You would point out my misspelling, though I suppose one could argue "illiteration" is a play on the words "alliteration" or the repetition of consonant sounds and "illiteracy" the uncanny ability to spew forth online garbage.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger nina michelle said…

    Damn BA!

    "It's like some huge mutual masturbatory cyber aggrandizement."

    That just turns me on. It makes me want to go start another blog to address that *ahem* side of myself.

    Kevin rocks! So do you BA but you have never once used any form of the word "masterbate" in your pieces. Perhaps you should...

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Well, because I enjoyed Kevin's use of the word so much, I did add it to my "Things I don't get" piece. Its a word of singular descriptive power, I think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home