Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Flaming June

I am simply too weary to be witty, scathing or sardonic today.

Instead, I am going to post a picture that makes me happy. I don't know why. This painting is called "Flaming June" and even the name makes me feel light-hearted. June...I feel like she could be my friend. I think we would talk about books and babies, life and lovers, poetry and politics.

The color of her gown is vibrant and liquid; juicky like overripe Mediterranean fruit. I can feel the gossamer folds running like water between her thighs; cool and silky on her fevered skin. The ocean breeze caresses her, whispering accross her skin and coaxing the aroma of jonquils and baking bread from her hair. It carries the faint, delicious promise of summer rain. I wonder if it is the sun that has warmed her, or a lovers touch. I wonder if its the exhaustion of ardor that tranquilizes her or just the limpid peace of a perfect day.

I am brimming with contemporary disquiet, loaded with cares and concerns that June would find bewildering. I long for her contenment and langour. Sometimes I think that if I lie as still as she and imagine the tang of salt on my lips...I can steal her serenity for just a moment. Its a thought that cheers me. I find solace in her.

Lord Leighton would be pleased, I think.

My beautiful friend, Flaming June

(click for larger image...it's worth it.)



The Art of Lord Frederic Leighton

10 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've had a giant reproduction of this piece in my bedroom since college.

    So lovely...

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow -I love that!!! Thanks for a bit of beauty today!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Bill said…

    Apologies in advance for lowering the tone after that beautiful description, but it looks to me like she's just had a shag and she's all tired out.

    Or is that just a guy answer?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have made me want to have my first lesbian experience (at 40+) with June. The seduction of your words is nearly overwhelming. Send me away with your June any day, or night.

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Roo: Very cool! I wish I had one. Need to add it to my wish list.

    Wendy: Thanks! Glad you liked it.

    Bill: Yes, that is totally a guy answer, but you made me laugh.

    Anonymous: If I were ever inclined to dabble, June would be my type too. You have good taste. ;?)

    BA

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    If this is you trying not to be witty then you've failed miserably. Delicious painting.

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flaming June is quite lovely, as is your description of her.

    (And I apologize for the delay on your banner. I'm wrapping up something for Mrs. Davis and then I'll be able to give you my undivided attention)

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Sandra said…

    I am not sure which I love more: Flaming June or your description of her.

    Thanks for sharing this...

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger MrsFortune said…

    Yeah, but do you really need a friend who so blatantly flaunts her nipples?

    I'm so kidding.

    That's the most perfect orange I've ever seen. Honestly. And on a computer screen it looks that good, no less.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Mom101: Thank you dear. As always, you are too kind!

    Izzy: No hurry. Please take your time. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

    SS: Thank You, it was my pleasure.

    Ms. Fortune: I simply would not have anything but nipple flaunting friends. ;?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home