Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Story Of M

This month, I have nominated Mischief for a Perfect Post Award.

The Original Perfect Post Awards – March ‘07


Mischief is not a veteran blogger. In fact, she is a blogging neophyte. She uses one of Blogger’s standard templates. She doesn’t have a lot of nifty stuff in her sidebar. She doesn’t know how to make hyperlinks. She doesn’t publish a feed, she doesn’t subscribe to Bloglines, she doesn’t belong to any super hip blogging groups or participate in any high profile bloggy activities.

But it doesn’t matter.

Because it is her words that I want you to focus on.

You see, Mischief has a very important story to tell, and she has decided, after 20 years, to share it with the world. Her courage truly inspires me.

Her story is heart wrenching. Most of us will never know the kind of anguish that she experienced; most of us will never know the weight of responsibility that she had to bear at a very young age. But while she tells her story with raw and beautiful honesty, she does so without self-pity. She has made peace with her decision.

Please go read “The Story of M”. It’s long, but well worth the read. And best of all, this story has a happy ending.

Thank you Mischief for sharing your story. I believe that you will help other women who might be faced with a similar decision, or whom, perhaps, are struggling with a decision they’ve already made and how it has affected their lives.

And if you read it, please leave her and M comment. Her bravery and her candor and her selflessness in sharing her story deserve to be acknowledged.

To read all the posts by this month's other nominees, you can go read Lucinda or MommaK. Thanks once again gals, for coordinating such a unifying activity.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Rachelle said…

    Thanks for the link... read it and loved it!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read it first thing this morning by your recommendation and you are so right. It was a riveting story and I can't quit thinking about it. Truly deserving of a perfect post for all the reasons you mentioned. Excellent choice.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for the link and yes, definitely worth the time to read.

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Kisha said…

    that was a great read, I think I need to add you to my list of favorites now, you have soem great insight on things.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    wow. seriously, wow.

    thank you.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger thailandchani said…

    Great link reference! Thanks. :)


    Peace,

    ~Chani

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said…

    Anyone you recommend has to be good. I'm heading over right now!!

    PS-have I mentioned lately how happy I am you're back? I am.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said…

    I just had to come back and say thank you, thank you, thank you.

    As an adoptee, that post spoke words I had never considered.

    Thank you for letting us know about it.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Sandra said…

    I read every word when you first linked to this post and I loved it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home