Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nothin

This is the last week of school for my kids. I know, it's early, but they go back ridiculously early too; August 11.

Anyway, this week is crazy making, as the last week of school always is. I just don't have time or energy to be cerebral, witty or deep, I'm afraid.

So, what to say...what to say.

Shall I tell you that Diminutive One needed two stitches in his scalp last night after being brained over the head with a light sabre by a neighbor kid?

Shall I tell you that he had a full on panic attack as he was lying there waiting to be stitched up?

Shall I tell you that Pubescent One is playing Allstar ball this summer, which means baseball at least five days a week and lots of cashola leaving the bank account?

Shall I tell you that apparently, I am the laziest, most undisciplined person on the face of the earth and that after losing over 60 lbs in 2005, I have put it all back on?

Shall I tell you that yesterday, the company that we hired a month ago to paint the house, showed up unannounced?

Shall I tell you that I somehow lost a nearly full bottle of Diminutive One's $200 medication ($60 copay) and that I can't get more until 30 days has elapsed because it's a Class II controlled substance?

Shall I tell you that this is making for a very difficult week for his teacher?

Shall I tell you that I spent nearly $300 at the grocery store yesterday and didn't even get MEAT?

Shall I tell you that I nearly had a stroke when I saw that the el cheapo store brand milk in now over $4 a gallon?

Shall I tell you that I've realized, belatedly, that I can't afford to feed two teenaged boys?

Naaaaah. That's the kind of crap I always said I wouldn't write about; mundane minutaie that matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

So...I got nothin.

Sorry.

22 Comments:

  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger S said…

    ouch on the lost medicine!
    ouch on being brained with a light saber!
    ouch on the price of milk!

    good luck getting through this week, BA.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said…

    For 'nothing', you said a lot! What a week!

    And, August 11th sounds crazy early for the summer to end.

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Polgara said…

    Phew!
    I hope your week gets better!
    Pol x

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Avalon said…

    I dunno. I kind of like the minutiae tossed in there. My entire Blog is minutiae!

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is the doctor allowed to give you samples to tide you through?

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Namito said…

    Just so you know, and I've got science to back up this statement...will power is like a muscle. If you work your arms to exhaustion carrying those overpriced $300.00 groceries, they sure as shit won't be able to push that vacuum cleaner around later. Chocolate cake into your mouth, on the other hand...

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh do I feel for you. I myself have misplaced my son's ADHD meds (fortunately I was able to get a replacement bottle after getting the Psych involved) and it does make for a long week for the teacher, the child and the mom!!! Hang in there!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    In the words of Edie Brickell:

    There's nothing I hate more than nothing
    Nothing keeps me up at night
    I toss & turn over nothing
    Nothing could cause a great BIG fight
    Hey -- what's the matter?
    Don't tell me nothing.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    We're out this week, too. And return August 14th (mercifully, they start back slowly with a short week).

    I hope there's a chance the medicine will show up? And I hope the rest of the week becomes more bearable. I am nervous about affording 2 teenage boys, too. I s'pose I should stop trying to make them eat ~ they'll make up for it in a few years.

    Sorry about the 60 lbs... I'm having issues with weight (different because it's pregnancy related but it's also due to laziness and self indulgence with very little restraint on my part to be careful about my weight gain). I keep trying to tell myself that if I did it once I can do it again... And so can you. You know what to do. When you're ready, you'll do it.

    I wish you wouldn't worry about mundane... we are all mundane sometimes. I just wrote the mundane~st of all mundane posts about our boring ass weekend. And can't think of anything better to post to move it down a notch. It's just that time of year.

    Sorry for the novella... :)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Woman in a Window said…

    How the minutia takes control of the wheel sometimes! Gotta hate that minutia! Have to say, I'm a little overwhelmed by your week and your kids school scedule! Out now? Back in August? Good grief!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    Ask St. Anthony about the lost medicine. He does not care about your religious status:
    St Anthony St Anthony
    Please come around
    Something is lost
    That must be found
    A bottle of medicine
    Thank you, St. Anthony.

    Give it half an hour.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger merinz said…

    Look at it this way though - the one time you actually SEE value for your grocery money is when your boys are teenagers and they grow 4 inches in a year (or six months).

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Notes and letters to myself.... said…

    I hope you feel better - and today I am a sloth.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    oof. I have never been more glad not to drink milk

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Green-Eyed Momster said…

    No apology necessary. I'm with you on the school year! What ever happened to out in June and back to school AFTER Labor Day? I don't like the new school calendar. It's hard to get used to. I went to the movies today because school gets out here next week too! I hardly ever recommend movies but the new Chronicles of Narnia movie was really good. IMO! Take the family out to see it! I think you all might like it! At least I hope so!! Sorry about the stitches and expensive food. The cost of feeding a family has gone through the roof! Hugs!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Lord woman, I wish I could buy you a drink. But I'm certain I can't afford the gas to get me there.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was just talking to a friend about the price of milk. It was 4.09 yesterday ON SALE. We go through 3 gallons a week. That's over $12 just in milk. Never mind the rest of the food we can no longer afford. Food has gone up 40% in the past year. My income has remained completely stagnant. Now WHY am I always so broke? Oh um... yeah.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Even your minutaie ring true.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It said…

    Ugh, sounds like you're having a week...
    Hope things calm down and you enjoy summer vacation.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Girlplustwo said…

    even your nothing's got something.

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A whole lot of minutaie addes up to more than nothing, and the scheme can't always be grand. Now that I've made myself sound like a total ass, I'd like to offer commiseration in the battle of the weight loss: been there, done that. In fact, I'm on my second go-round with the pounds I lost ... they found me again, twice (which, I guess, makes this the third go-round). Life happens. Doesn't make you lazy or undisciplined as much as human, though. (Or so I tell myself.)

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    Yowzah!

    Congrats to Pubescent on Allstar Ball--boo on the much more moolah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home