Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Well That's Certainly A Relief

I've been fighting a migraine since Sunday. It hasn't yet bloomed into the fullness of furious pain that I know all too well. But it's sitting there, behind my right eye, germinating.

Usually, they come on fast and strong. They strike hard and leave me completely helpless. But this one is different. For whatever reason, it is marinating in my brain, teasing me with it's sinister promise.

It hurts just enough to make things difficult, but not enough to justify taking to my bed.

As a result, I've been grumpy and out of sorts all week. I've been short tempered and intolerant with my children. My patience is nil.

But today, I ran across a spot of good news that cheered me a little bit.

Migraines Cut Breast Cancer Risk By 30 Percent

Until menopause, I will likely be plagued with migraines.

BUT...my boobs? Are in good shape.

So, you know..that's good. Makes me feel a little less guilty about putting off that mammogram.

Thank God for small mercies??

6 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Notes and letters to myself.... said…

    I don't get migraines but I have IBS from stress. I wonder if those of us who have IBS are less likely to get colon cancer or other poo poo problems?

    Hope you are having a great Thursday:)

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Amy Sue Nathan said…

    We gotta take whatever we can get however we can get it, don't we? :)

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    gosh. the price we pay for our hooters.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a commercial for some pain reliever (don't know which one) that said "...you know, the kind of headache that keeps you from enjoying yourself," and I thought WTF? Don't all headaches keep you from enjoying yourself? Well, at least you have the kind of headache that keeps away breast cancer. I guess you can enjoy that.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    seriously? Well who the FUCK knew?! Glad the bastards are good for something.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    good news for me too

     

Post a Comment

<< Home