Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Obligatory "Bad Blogger" Post

Forgive my laxity in posting people. My life has spun out of control...a phenomena I'm sure you all have experienced a time or two.

Some of it I can't talk about for legal reasons. I know, that sounds very sinsiter doesn't it? It is. I don't know if I will ever be able disclose to you, my readers, the full scope of what I find myself involved in. It's like a bad movie of the week starring Valerie Bertinelli and Gary Cole.

But I will say that this weekend? After my PTSA event is over and done with?

I will be reflecting on my disturbing propensity for overcommitting myself.

The cause is near and dear to my heart. I really, really believe in supporting and advocating art enrichment programs in the schools.

But I dislike being micromanaged.

"This is YOUR vision", I was told. Not so. I am but a lackey. Not really my thing at all, frankly.

Next year, NO PTSA.

I say that every year.

But I mean it this time. For real. I'm not even kidding.

Why are you looking at me like that?

POST SCRIPT: I'm sorry. I made it sound much more sinister than it actually is, I guess. I am fine. I am not in any legal trouble. I am involved in a legal matter, but only as a witness. I can't discuss it because to do so would compromise my testimony and possibly adversely effect the outcome. Also, it would violate the confidence and privacy of those directly involved. That's all. I sincerely thank you all for your concern, but I'm really okay. Just crossing my fingers that things work they way they're supposed to.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    Oh I wish you could share ~ you have sure gotten me curious!

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    I sawthat movie. 12x. ;)

    Breathe.

    Peace

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hoping things are better soon

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I am absolutely consumed with curiosity. The first two movie hits I got from googling (What? Are you surprised that the first thing I did was google "Valerie Bertinelli and Gary Cole movie"???) were real soap operas!

    Here's to life settling down again soon.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    Legal stuff is almost always stupid and expensive. I feel for you.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    you ok?

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said…

    I hope all is well and that, whatever your legal troubles are, you kick ass.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Tania said…

    As much as I enjoy reading you daily, your past month has been so turbulent that no one would hold your blogging patterns against you. Do what ya gotta.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger mamatulip said…

    Totally echoing Mac and Cheese's sentiments. Be well.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger crazymumma said…

    I have no idea what you mean about being busy. No idea at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home