Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Crazy? Undoubtedly. Hip? Debateable.

Mom? Unequivocally.

So, I have to be perfectly honest. I usually loathe these kinds of group exercises. They've always struck me as contrived and disingenuous, and I don't like the one upmanship of competitive creativity. Creativity is so subjective, and unique, and personal, that measuring it by some arbitrary yardstick of acceptability seems almost profane. And, forgive me dear Crazy Hip Blog Mamas, but I found the topic this week to be well...a little trite.

However, I am compelled to participate becase I have been welcomed by the CHBMs with kindness, grace, and largess that is difficult if not impossible to find in the dog eat dog world of women's internet groups, despite the fact that I have only belonged for a week.

I have spent a little time perusing the CHBM blogs. Have I found some irreverence? Sure. Have I found some pugnacity? MMMhmm. Have I found some delightfully witty ascerbity? You bet. But what I have not found is the kind of backbiting, mudslinging and vituperation that one often finds when women congregate without benefit of any kind of moral compass or law enforcement.

What I have found is unqualified encouragement, support and praise. I have found incredibly touching slice of life commentary, astoundingly insightful musings, and wonderfully erudite repartee.

In short, this is one cool group of chicks. And they didn't ask me for a urine sample, or a sekrit handshake, or a small tax deductible donation before letting me join their esteemed ranks. They hung out the welcome sign and then...welcomed me.

What does this mean to me? Well, to understand that, you have to understand where I'm coming from. It's a long, unpretty story, with which I will not burden readers. But to find a group of women so open, and friendly, and sincere, is like finding a soft place to land after you've jumped off a bridge. To say it's a pleasant surprise would be an understatement of monumental proportions.

Thank You Crazy Hip Blog Mamas.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, maybe you should go F off then.

    HEHE - just kidding -

    Although, you might want to visit mom101.blogspot.com and me - as we share your same *ahem* feelings about the topic.

    Enjoy.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    I can't comment on your blog because I don't have a typepad account. You're entry made me laugh, profanity and all. Thanks for sharing.

    BA

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should be able to as a blogspot blogger...

    And you're welcome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home