Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

An End to the Snobbery

I've decided to stop being a blog snob. As you may have guessed by the title of my blog, I started this endeavor thinking that clever, well written blogs with genuinely pertinent content would be a rare find. I determined only to feature those that were exceptional in their uniqueness and purpose on my blogroll. I titled that sidebar item "Not Stupid Blogs".

Well...you know what? It's all stupid. Really. From wiretapping to poop issues to origami as a chosen profession; these little pieces of pertinent stupidity are what make up the lives, loves and lexicon of the human experience. And some people write about them with incredible wit, intelligence, poignancy and creativity. And while some are undeniably stultefying, there are those who manage to make the ordinary extraordinary and the tedium of everyday life entertaining and interesting simply through their telling of them.

I've created a new Sidebar Item Titled "Stupid But Cool" where I will feature blogs by those who, like me, are not trying to change the course of history, but maybe just make sense of such weighty issues as post pregnancy hirsutism, offspring who will only eat food that is "bouncy", how to approach one's spouse about the possibility of a three way with Chris Daughtry...and doing it with style.

These blogs are to the brain, what chocolate is to the tongue...pure unadulterated pleasure. I read them when I need an escape from all the heavy stuff that real life dishes out to us everyday. And there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

So check out my new blogroll. It's stupidly cool.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think blogging is a great forum even for those that may not have the right words to write. I know I don't. But I love to write it down anyway whether anyone reads it or not. It's a way to look at my world and make it feel real. But I do admit that I tire of the relentless spam blogs. Especially the ones missing the button so you can just cruise through to find a more interesting blog. Enjoyed yours, and like the layout. Not sure how to change mine without getting ideas from sites that also download adware. :)

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    I am so very honored to wear the Stupid But Cool title. It's probably the hardest earned blogroll mention I've gotten yet and will appreciate it proportionately.

    Nice character arc by the way, missy. And I concur. In fact, it wasn't six months ago that I could have been seen on an anonymous message board typing, "blogs? No, of course I don't read the drivel from bunch of bored housewives with nothing to do but whine about their kids."

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am completely flattered - I have you on my bloglines and check you out every day - I think you hit the nail on the head - while not curing cancer, sometimes the communal experience of sharing details just makes it all more livable...completely honored!!!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    You gals are too modest. Your blogs are funny and interesting and you write so well. Thanks for giving this SAHM a place to go to escape from dustbunnies and toiletbowl rings.

    Hat Girl...believe it or not, my blog is just a customized version of bloggers thisaway rose template. I am in no way proficient enough to design a template of my own. I just learned a little bit of HTML (it helps that the hubster is a programming guru) and made a few basic changes. If you have an HTML editor it helps. Front Page is good for that. If I can do it, anybody can.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger nina michelle said…

    I am stupid and cool! And I was called that by her royal highness the Blog Antagonist!

    I am.....complete!

    you rock lady!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Hey! Glad to be Stupid and Cool at the same time, a first for me!! Thanks for the blogroll!!!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger kevin black said…

    But, there's still more uncovered territory in the world of stupid blogdom. What about those pretentious types that say things like, "if you read this blog with any regularity . . ." or those bloggers who use dark text on a dark background? What about the guy who bores us with the tedium of his day-to-day life just to solicit commentary from others and justify, in his own view at least, his otherwise measly existence -- oh wait -- that's my blog. Never mind.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Oh, don't worry...there is no doubt a plethora of as yet untapped material out there in blog land and I will certainly make use of it when I run accross it. I know of several sources very rich with just such material.

    I hope you will do so also. I really enjoyed your take on stupid blogs,

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Kirdy said…

    Aw......shucks, ma'am. Honored to be on your blogroll. :D

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never thanked you for including me in the blogroll.

    I don't know where my head is these days.

    But like I told you once, I agree that blogs are stupid. I know. I have one. But cool? wow!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger M said…

    I am honored to be on your "stupid" blog roll. I have reciprocated by showing you some stupid linky-love.

    I'm proud to link your blog - it's great.

    Kee Kee
    thewritemom.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home