Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

GULP....





I have been invited to speak to a Women's Group about Spiritual Lipstick.

I am not a public speaker. I write okay but I don't talk too good.

I cannot stand up before a group of Women who are attending a conferenced geared toward personal fulfillment and empowerment and pretend that I have all the answers. Because, I so don't.

They will see right through me, I just know it.

And did I mention that this is a Christian Women's group?? Me, a Godless Heathen, addressing a Christian Women's Group.

A sinner and a hypocrite....((SIGH)). They're going to eat me alive.

What does one wear to a public humiliation? I don't think I have anything suitable. Where does one get a hair shirt these days? Wal-Mart?

11 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Rachelle said…

    BA, I discovered your blog thru Andrew at "To Love, Honor..." and I love it! I could sit and write responses to your various blog posts all day long. "A Weighty Issue" was fabulous writing. But then I realized you're simply a wonderful writer and thinker because all your blog posts are great. Don't discount that idea of being a writer. There are so many options for people who really can write.

    I'd love to know who you're going to be speaking to about Spiritual Lipstick (GREAT topic) and I'd love to hear what you're going to say!

    I'll be baaaaack...

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Vickie said…

    I am not certain just how I discovered your blog but I love your blog.
    I have been reading through your archieves and enjoyed every post I read.
    I hope you do not mind that I have linked with you so I might return often.
    You are one great writer and I will be returning often.

    Count on my returning often.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Vickie said…

    I am not certain just how I discovered your blog but I love your blog.
    I have been reading through your archieves and enjoyed every post I read.
    I hope you do not mind that I have linked with you so I might return often.
    You are one great writer and I will be returning often.

    Count on my returning often.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me be the first to bow down at your feet -- that's awesome. You will do great - just talk like you write and they will be groveling.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said…

    I'm sure you'll be great, but that post is HILARIOUS!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Ruth Dynamite said…

    How fun! (er, nervewracking?) You'll be great!

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Mom101 said…

    Wear a Mel Gibson shirt?

    I kid! I kid!

    That's awesome BA. If you should choose to accept this mission, I bet you do great.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said…

    That is fantastic! I give you mad props (isn't that what all the kids say these days?) for even entertaining the idea, never mind the fact that you're actually going to take them up on it.

    As for what to wear, I say wear black. It hides the rotten vegetable stains from the tomatoes and cabbage that will surely be thrown at you once they realize you're a heathen. :)

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would pay to be in the audience. How about doing one of those thingees where we can listen in on the internet?'

    I really think people who attend these kinds of things are not looking for someone with all the answers, but for someone to admit she doesn't have all the answers, but she carries on anyway. IMO - anyone who prentends to have all the answers is automatically a fraud.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. I have not accepted the invitation yet. I told the person who invited me that I needed to make sure I could expand the piece enough to make it suitable for a speech. If and when I speak, I will be sure to let you all know how it went.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger kpjara said…

    I say, when in doubt, wear black! Beside it might really SCARE the religious people.

    Found you through Rachelle and you really are a gifted writer and who couldn't use a little laughter and some brain stimuli each day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home