Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bitacle; A Primer

BITACLE.ORG steals content. JESUS GLEZ is a THIEF. If you are reading this post on BITACLE.ORG, you are supporting theft of intellectual property. This post was written and copyrighted by BLOG ANTAGONIST, who has not given consent for material to be reproduced. Please visit BLOGS ARE STUPID to enjoy this content LEGALLY.



A lot of you have emailed me asking questions about Bitacle and splogging in general. I'm not an expert by any means, but I understand the basic principles behind how it works. However, I am not knowledgeable enough about technology to explain it in terms that are accurate or comprehensive enough to paint a clear picture for you. Nor am I sufficiently well versed in copyright law to educate someone else about it.

I've done a lot of reading about this over the last couple days, and I stumbled onto a guy called "The Head Lemur" who has wrangled with an actual splogger (sadly, not Jesus Glez) and met with success. He has chronicled his efforts in a series of posts that are extremely informative. He covers a lot about how splogging works, why it's unethical, and different ways to combat the problem.

Go give him a read if you're concerned about this problem.

I do realize that there a gazillion sploggers out there. Popping only one boil on the hairy butt of humanity can seem pointless when there's always another one lurking, ready to rear it's ugly, suppurating head.

But I don't believe we should allow ourselves to be complacent about this issue. The internet is really in it's adolescence and what happens in adolescence? Important lesson are learned through a series of mishaps, missteps, misforunes and mistakes. In other words, any action we take will be beneficial by simple virtue of what it teaches us. We only lose out if we do nothing.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    F**K!!! *I* don't even make money off my blog - if some unspeakable jerk steals my rambling, meandering, for-myself-and-random-internet-friends thoughts, and uses it to make money... well, I don't know what! Seriously.

    So, BA darlin', what do we do? I did read the long post from Head Lemur - is that the only recourse at this time? And I wish you best of luck as I love your writing...

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jaelithe said…

    So, I just went to check this out, and they have actually credited all of my posts with a URL linking directly to my blog. Also, I saw no ads anywhere on the page displaying my work. Have they just pulled the ads because people were complaining? If that is the case, why are they even bothering to leave the site up? I am confused.

    I did find it amusing however that they added that disclaimer at the bottom about all work being copyrighted by the original author. Being that they copied it. Without my permission. Which, you know, violates copyright . . .

    From looking at their FAQ (click the "help" link at the bottom of the main page), I concluded that the people running the site are not native english speakers. Perhaps as they are not from any of the countries they are stealing the most blog feeds from, they feel copyright rules do not apply to them?

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jaelithe, they are located in Spain, which just makes it more convoluted.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would you mind if I copy and paste this and apply it to my blog. I will give you full credit. Bitacle has been republishing my content for months and I don't know what else to do to get them to stop.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Blog Antagonist said…

    Yes, please feel free. That goes for everyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home