Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Rules Schmules

I am breaking my own rule (briefly) to share a picture of my boys with you.

Because even I, who make dire pronouncements about pedophilia and the monsters who lurk in the dark shadows of the interweb, cannot resist showing off my offspring from time to time.

This is the photo that will grace our family Christmas card this year. Gone are the days of perfectly coordinated outifts, cheery holiday backdrops, and kitschy but holiday appropriate props.

This is my boys as they are. Diminutive One with his truly unique style, his cheesy "there's a camera pointed at me" grin, and the still discernible traces of my little boy in him; and Pre-Pubescent One with his Zac Efron hairdo, his too long limbs and not yet straight teeth. You can see the emerging adult if you look closely. It's in his bones, the promsise of the man he will be.

I wish you could see Diminutive One's eyes better. He has absolutely amazing eyes. They are sometimes grey, sometimes blue, sometimes green. They are enormous and have the most incredibly long, dark lashes. Also, he has the cutest freckles. Naturally, they are the bane of his existence, but I adore them.

You can't tell from this picture, but Pre-pubescent one is all legs. He is not quite 13, but stands almost 5' 5". He hasn't an ounce of fat on him anywhere. He is all angles, long and gawky. Sometimes he can't get comfortable in his own body. Sometimes I can't believe he is the same tiny creature that swam from between my legs at a mere 5 lbs. 14 oz.

As you can see, they are as different as night and day. One or two tactless individuals have even asked me if they have the same father. They do, incidentally. They are just fantastically unique individuals. And I like them that way.

Times up. I can't let them dangle out there in the peril of cyber space forever. It goes against everything I believe in as a mother. Thanks all for looking at my babies.

Aren't they handsome?

30 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Maddy said…

    Well there you go. You get the bravery award of the day and they get the 'best buddies' award too.
    Cheers

    Please try my duplicate "loads like a dream" blog over "here."

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Namito said…

    You've got some handsome, goodhearted looking boys there. And they SMILE!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger email said…

    I've got four girls, and not one of them looks like they have the same father (the oldest one actually doesn't - she's from a previous marriage). Then again, two of them don't look like I could be their mother. We're a far cry from those families where all the kids look alike.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Very handsome! And I like the way they have their arms around each other.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    They are beautiful, must run in the family.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Foofa said…

    What a fantastic picture. I like that type much better than the planned and posed Christmas ones.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger S said…

    Yay! BA's boys! They are handsome, indeed.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger we_be_toys said…

    Very handsome indeed! I just stumbled across your blog, via Flutter's list of favorites, and I think you are my kind of woman - so many of my favorite quotes, and your post about the little boy whose mother didn't want him to believe in magic is a subject that is near and dear to my ranting heart. In the words of Arnold: "I'll be back!"

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    They ARE handsome indeed!! I'm glad you broke your own rules ~ it's great to be able to put faces to names. I'd love to see what YOU look like too, one day. :) Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Indeed they are handsome. It's a marvelous thing to be a mom to a boy.

    Disclaimer: I'm sure girls are wonderful too, but I only know about boys.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I'm glad to see the boys, and what good-looking boys they are!

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger merinz said…

    Thank you for posting a photo - as was said before - good to put a face to a name.

    We have three sons, all 'growed' up, and it brings a lump to my throat to see them all together as adults talking together as brothers, so big, so handsome, so much to offer the world, but still my little boys at heart.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger jean said…

    It's so nice to see them! They are very good looking and (at least in the photo) seem to really like each other. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    jean

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Rachelle said…

    So glad to know you're human like the rest of us. :-)

    I sometimes can't resist posting photos of my kids, and I've already prepared a post for this week with our Christmas card photo, similar to yours.

    Anyway... what a couple of handsome guys! I love the way they're different, yet I can definitely see resemblance in the facial structure. Such cute smiles, too!

    Thanks for posting... now when will we get to see a photo of YOU?

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said…

    Mamas, lock up your daughters. You have very handsome boys, BA.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, they are handsome! And I think they look alike! Thanks for giving us a peek.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Liv said…

    I do appreciate you letting us see your babies. Now, hurry, yank that photo down!! :)

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger sltbee69 said…

    Such handsome boys you have BA! My 10-yr old girl, going on 14, would think your pre-pubescent one is "hot"!

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    very handsome!! thanks for sharing

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    Great photo! This changes everything for me though. I have to revise the visual that I construct when I read your posts.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger anne said…

    Very handsome young lads. And what a great photo!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said…

    You have every right to be a proud mama. They are adorable!

    (and scuze me, but people ASK if they have the same father??? please tell me you give them a smart-ass reply back to that question!)

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    They are great!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Cathy, Amy and Kristina said…

    Gorgeous, gorgeous boys!

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said…

    Your boys are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them with us. :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger jennie said…

    handsome boys and nice smiles. glad to be able to put a face to their fake names. haha.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Very handsome children you have. Be proud and enjoy every moment. Thanks for sharing in this scary world of internet.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Blue Peacock said…

    They are handsome, indeed!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger mamatulip said…

    VERY handsome.

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that it has already been said, but... Gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home