Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Music Stuff, 'Cause I Got Nothin' Else

A while back I asked for music suggestions, and since then several folks have mentioned that they would like to hear my thoughts on them.

Honestly, life has been so crazy the last couple of months, that I haven't had a chance to go through all of them yet. I got SO many recommendations, which was awesome, but it's going to take me some time to wade through them all.

But..here are a few preliminary thoughts...

A BIG thanks to whomever recommended The Veronicas. LOVE them.



Also, this quirky song by Robyn has staked a claim on my brain and I catch myself singing the refrain over and over and over.



Also loving Duffy, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Missy Higgins, One Republic, Metro Station, The Killers and Anouk.

Pubescent One used to be a pretty reliable source for current music, but he has entered a death metal phase, which means that probably 99% of what he's listening to drives me effectively insane within about four beats. Cacophony is not a musical styling I can embrace.

Don't laugh, but "So You Think You Can Dance" is a great show for finding interesting new music. Some of it is mainstream, but some is not and I like that. I got this Marilyn Manson song from last week's program. Yes, I know he's a freak, but sometimes, I like a song with a really strong, primal, almost animalistic beat. I dunno...it just grabbed me.



Plus, I downloaded a couple of broadway showtunes that were featured on the show. Yes, I have a broadway playlist on my iPod. Well c'mon...I'm a Mom. I'm allowed to be dorky that way, as long as I don't do it front of any cute girls in whom my son is interested.

I'll try to make a more thorough review when I have an opportunity. But if you have a chance, give 'em a listen. Or better yet, go to my original post, and peruse some of those suggestions.

Report back, please.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Karen Bodkin said…

    You got me hooked on that Robyn song - PERFECT for running. Thanks! I'm off to check out your original post.

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check out this one, Imogen Heap doing "Just For Now"--it's amazing.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger mamatulip said…

    Oooh. The Veronicas are one I'm going to check out. Thanks!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" has been a fav of mine for about a month now - check it it!

    I heard that Manson song ages ago and also like the beat.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Woman in a Window said…

    So you Think you Can Dance, i think, is rocking for the music and the dance. What can I say, I'm in Northern Ontario. For me, this is art baby.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home