Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So Fluffy, It Purrs

In light of the fact that I have nothing to say that doesn't involve baseball, overzealous sports parents, and my own distressing propensity for taking on more responsibility than I need....

I decided to make up this little quiz. Being a lover of all things retro, these came mostly from my own memory, but I did check various sources for accuracy. See if you can name the commerical or the product based on these jingles or phrases. No fair using Google or YouTube.

There's no prize, sorry. Didn't your mother ever tell you that fun is it's own reward?

1. Drink a Bite to Eat at 10, 2 and 4.

2. I can put the wash on the line, feed the kids, get dressed, pass out the kisses and get to work by 5 to 9.

3. Ancient Chinese secret...huh?

4. You'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on.

5. Some people have a deep abiding respect for the natural beauty that was once this country...and some people don't.

6. It's like two, two, two mints in one.

7. This man's got trouble, because he's wearing too much of a new aftershave.

8. MAMA MIA! That's a spicy meatball!

9. Next to you, it's what he likes best, and needs most. Just add warm water.

10. With 11 different herbs and spices...why cook?

11. We make 600 million burgers a year. One at a time.

12. The softness freshens your taste.

13. Come alive! It's the light refreshment with the bold clean tatse.

14. Works before, during AND after.

15. From dull, to dynamite!

16. Mountain Grown for better flavor.

17. You're the only one who has to know.

18. You've got the look.

19. Motorcycles do it. Cars do it. Even trucks do it.

20. It gets spills up before they get you down.

21. You're soaking in it!

22. They run on child power. And then, there's imagination.

23. We will sell no wine, before it's time.

24. Making things with liiiiight. Outta site, making things with....

25. It tickles your tummy instead of your nose.

26. Defrizz the frizzies with....

27. C'mon, touch it.

28. The last battery you'll ever need.

29. They wobble but they don't fall down.

30. If you've got the time, we've got the beer.

There ya go. Have fun. And if you have a good one, let me know, I'll add it to the list.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    I love my dead, gay son!!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    oh wait, that was a movie moment heh...

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    I totally suck at these... I think #11 might be McDonald's and I know #29 is Weebles.

    But the rest I have no clue!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Shelley said…

    I feel like I should know more of these, but I'm going to give it a try...
    #2 - a perfume...something like Enjolie? (probably not spelled right)
    #3 - It was a detergent...Tide?
    #4 - Breck Shampoo?
    #6 - Doublemints?
    #8 - Alka Seltzer?
    #16 - some coffee...Folgers?
    #17 - Life cereal...hey Mikey!
    #21 - Palmolive
    #23 - Gallo?
    #24 - Lite Brite
    #28 - Duracell?
    #29 - Weebles
    #30 - Miller

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1: Dr. Pepper
    2: Hamburger Helper (? not sure)
    3:

    6: Certs

    8: Alka Seltzer
    9: I think this was for a Baby Formula ?
    10: KFC

    16: Folgers Coffee

    The one that really bothers me is the "Ancient Chinese Secret Huh?" I can here the obnoxious woman saying it but can't recall the laundry product being sold - I'm going to guess Whisk, and now I'm going to Google it.
    I thought I'd do better than 9 out of 30. I suck

    21: Palmolive

    29: Weebles
    30 Miller Beer

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #3 - Here's my husband's Ancient Chinese Secret...Calgon!! Calgon's two water softeners soften wash waters so detergents clean better. "We need more Calgon!!!!!" Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Woman in a Window said…

    I'm so relieved I only know one of those...anicient Chinese secret. And why does that bring back panelling and shag carpet smells? We are constantly running our own parenting commercial at our kids. My six year old son disects almost every commercial and says, "Oh, come on, you just want me to buy something!" He gets mad at the tv. Except when boobies are involved and then he pretends he missed the whole darned commercial. (PS you are one of the funny ones! and you don't even need clacky hands...)

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    It's too early. No, it's too late. No, early or rather no, late.

    One thing is sure...I will be haunted by these until I've hunted each and every product down.

    Aarrggghh.

    Fun stuff, really.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home