Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Tried Not To, Honest.

Every once in a while, I write posts titled "People I Think About".

Not long ago, I wrote about Mark Wills, a moderately famous country singer that I used to know in the days before he found fortune and fame. And lips. Shit. Why didn't I notice those delicious lips in 1992? Too blinded by the gloriousness of his mullett, I guess.

Anyway, I posted a video called "Don't Laugh At Me" and exhorted all of you out there in blogland to take those words to heart. To be kind to one another, to act with compassion and sensitivity. To not mock, deride, and belittle for entertainment.

And I really, really do try to live by that.

But you know, sometimes....

Boy. It's hard.

Such was the case with the video below.

As you know, I've been feeling kind of blah, kind of meh...just really...unenthusiastic about life in general.

I ran across this video while surfing aimlessly, trying to find something of interest to jolt me out of this funk. And it did.



I laughed. I suck, but God help me I laughed. And now, after watching it five times, I'm still laughing.

There's a saying that I've always found it sort of mean spirited, but now realize, is perfectly apropos:

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”

I hope that poor girl wasn't hurt.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger All Things BD said…

    Oh my God that's funny. I suck enough to have shown it to my 5 year old so she could laugh at her too.

    I'd never heard of the slinky saying before, and I'm STEALING IT from you.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Six Green Zebras said…

    I'm glad I'm not the only one... "Come here, you've got to see this!" (said by me to my 6 year old) How awful are we???

    Still laughing here.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kathryn in NZ said…

    I visit that site everyday - how sad is that? Mainly for the cats, dog and news sections. We even check it out as a family to laugh together- along with America's Funniest Home Videos.
    If you want to be truly sad, then check out Some Mothers Do Have 'Em on you tube. Comic in a way only the British can manage...

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger mamatulip said…

    OH MY GOD, I just choked - literally choked - on my own spit. That is HILARIOUS. *snort*

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger drowning pisces said…

    Ha! Can't help giggling at that one!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    You gave me my smile for the day.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    I snorted. Out loud.

    I am in hell, at your reserved table...:P

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Woman in a Window said…

    Oh GOD!

    Well, she put it out there, right?

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger sltbee69 said…

    No fair! I can't see YouTube videos at work! I guess I'll just have to take everybody's word for it. :-)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OMG, that poor poor girl. I have to show this to my daughter who laughs at anyone who falls. I don't know why, but if she sees this she will die laughing.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    I have to think ... if she didn't want others to laugh (with her?), she wouldn't have shared that. Poor thing.

    Thanks for the giggle :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home