Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update

Once again, I am stunned by the outpouring of support and offers of help. Some of you have even done research and sent links, which have been amazingly helpful. It's times like these that I really believe in the power of the people.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for all your support, kindness, and hard work on our behalf.

I am up to my eyeballs in red tape right now, and trying to straighten all this out.

But I will tell you that we have contacted an attorney who specializes in student's rights here in Georgia. As soon as it is determined that we have a viable case, we will move forward with legal proceedings which will include filing formal grievances against the administrators involved in this situation.

If it is deemed appropriate and not detrimental to our case, we will contact the local media. Parents need to know this kind of stuff is happening right under their noses and could happen to their child.

I never wanted to be that Mom on television in front of a phalanx of microphones and a cavalcade of reporters. It will get ugly if it comes to that. Every decision I've ever made as a mother will come under scrutiny.

But this can't be allowed to happen. Period.

10 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Terry said…

    Oh and if you haven't already been doing this DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!!

    Any conversation you have, immediately follow it up with a letter "This is just confirming our conversation in writing...I informed you about blah and you said blah"

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Middle Girl said…

    Go, your royal fierceness, go.

    Kudos to you and luck toward setting things right.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Tania said…

    Following this closely. Thanks for updating.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous OmegaMom said…

    At the very least, they need to let your kid take that get-into-sixth-grade test, because not letting him is just plain petty suckitude. (In addition to the whole damned mess, that is.)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Curious Party said…

    I came back today to leave a comment on yesterday's post, because it took me this long to calm down and rationally think of how to say what I wanted to say. And then I found that Terry had already said much of what I wanted to say, AND I discovered that you're moving forward with an attorney. Awe.so.me. The road may be long and hard, but you are doing the right thing. I swear the most valuable moment in my relationship with my parents was the moment they looked a (bully) teacher in the eye and said "No. You will not do that." It taught me that I was WORTHY of protection. That is your gift to your son.

    BTW, even if he doesn't have an IEP/504, I believe he is still protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, and by anti-discrimination law that protects his right to enter a public building free of the fear of harm or harassment. Federal laws, which, by the way, trump school policy. Period.

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Pgoodness said…

    I think it is beyond important that you bring this to light and that it's fantastic you're moving forward.

    Can I ask, though, if you win the lawsuit, or get a formal apology, will you still homeschool him next year?

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger merinz said…

    You are your childs only real advocate in life - go girl!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger flutter said…

    get em girl, get em!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Sarahviz said…

    Wow - suddenly I'm able to get access to your blog at work - and I read this bit of news? Gotta go catch up now...
    GOOD LUCK MOMMA BEAR!

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Amy Y said…

    You're a rock star, Mama! Keep us posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home