Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Monday, October 12, 2009

No Wait....This One Is Even Better....



My  Mom was like..."I don't even remember the circumstances behind this picture. But why in the world wouldn't I have waited until my hair was dry and combed out?

Personally, I think there's a larger question at issue here, Mom.


14 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Pgoodness said…

    love it!!

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, shit

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is probably the most seventy-ish picture I have ever seen. It's wonderful and needs to be preserved. Don't stop posting these - they are wonderful!

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Kathy said…

    Larger question? Uh, yeah. I had pants like that once when I was five. I think my mom made them out of fabric she had thought at first she'd use for curtains.

    If I look at that photo one second longer, I'm going blind.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Tania said…

    as if anyone would have noticed the hair had it not been mentioned.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    Gorgeous.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Priceless!
    We have a 1975-ish photo floating around of 6 year old me & my 3 year old brother in Hee-Haw overalls.
    Seeing your pic, I wonder why my Mom didn't have a set of the hideous things for herself.
    Ame in TN

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Arkie Mama said…

    omg, that is freaking hilarious!

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    And this matching clothing thing wasn't even invented in the 70s... I have a pic of me at abt age 3 and my 14-years-older sister in matching white dresses with fitted bodices and big poofy skirts, both dotted with red tulips and with large red tulips all around the hems... This was mid-50s. But hey, we both had our hair combed out! ;-)

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Avalon said…

    Oh. My. So matchy-matchy.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't your mom wearing the same pants in both pictures!?!?!?

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is such a priceless picture. Thanks for sharing it with us

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous feefifoto said…

    Wow! Great camouflage!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Tracy (t-gardens) said…

    So, I laughed for like FIVE minutes... 'til I had tears coming down my cheeks... absolutely.hysterical!! I love it!! matchy-matchy indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home