Blogs Are Stupid

Doesn't anyone believe in Dear Diary anymore? What happened to the joy of putting actual pen to paper? And why does every ordinary Jane and John think they can write well enough to burden the world with their scribblings? It’s a mystery that badly needs solving. My first entry contains my thoughts about blogging and will set your expectations. The rest will probably be stream of consciousness garbage, much like you’ll find on any other blog. Perhaps we will both come away enlightened.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This, but....

If you wanna be my "friend" on Facebook....email me.

I just signed on for a new writing project with a great big fancy schmancy Los Angeles marketing firm, (which scares me to death, frankly) and hopefully have another one in the works.

I'm also committed to regaining my health, so I have been working out faithfully for an hour a day. And starting next week, I am going to try very, very hard to work on my novel at least an hour a day. I'm also supposed to be doing PT several times a week to regain my balance and equilibrium, but I've been procrastinating on that one.

In short...I'm living life in fast forward motion.

Anyway....I miss the interaction with my readers. I feel out of touch with all of you. Some of you have been reading and commenting here for years, and have become like old friends to me. No...not "like" old friends. Old friends. I'd like to keep in touch. So if you have a FB account and want to stay in touch, just send me an email.

Please know...I won't be friends with just anybody. I know who my regular readers are and it is them with whom I wish to remain in contact. Obviously, my facebook page has personal information on it, both mine and those of my children and other family members. I'm very protective of our privacy, so I'm not one of those people who is comfortable with having 600 people in their friends list. I'm not trying to be elitist, I'm just trying to keep my friends and family safe. I've encountered too many whack jobs on the world wide web to not be aware of how vulnerable we all are when we put ourselves out there.

This doesn't mean the end of BAS by any means. I just need another tool in my arsenal to help me keep up with all the wonderful people I've met because of it.

Thanks bunches.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger S said…

    already done, my friend. :)

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger omy3boyz said…

    On Facebook,you can add your friends to a list then change the privacy setting for that list. So you don't have to share any info you don't feel comfortable sharing.

    Good luck with your new and wonderful opportunities!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger flutter said…

    I think we are friends on facebook already, aren't we?

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I don't know you that well to even ask. I'm a new reader. :) (and on FB too)

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Amy Sue Nathan said…

    I have found that FB really helps with this! And congrats on the new gig. You are doing something right dear! :)

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Nachama said…

    I would love to be your friend.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger The Woman Formerly Known as Jenn said…

    See, this is the problem with being a reader instead of a reader-commenter. You have no clue who I am. Totally my fault, but still. Bummer.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Bunny said…

    I, too, have been reading for 2 years and only comment here and there - under the name ANONYMOUS.

    Your blog has been one of my favorite reads during this time and, although I understand your hiatus, I have to admit I am sad when I see an old post when I check BAS each day.

    You don't know me at all, like I said I've only commented about 20 times or so in the past 2 years, but I feel as tho I know YOU!! You have been so generous with your reflections, observations and anecdotes... a few of my friends are now faithful readers as well. I will miss your daily entries. But again, I understand.

    Since I know you have no clue who I am, I won't ask to friend you on FB. But if you do end up taking the advice suggested by another reader and make a friends list with strict limitations - I would love to join in. I'll stay tuned to see what you decide - and I'll stay tuned to BAS either way.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous A long-time reader said…

    Oh, me too, I've been reading your posts for years but I've never commented on your blog. I think we even exchanged a few encouraging emails back in the day (and I'm sure you know what I mean). I bet you'd be weirded out if I sent you a friend request even though we have at least one friend in common. Maybe you could have a "restricted list" or a fan page?

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Anonymous SandyG said…

    I've only commented a few times...AND I've held out on Facebook so far anyway--so I hope you do keep this blog semi-active.
    Congratulations on all of the changes in your life, however! I'll miss the frequent updates, but life goes forward and change is part of life.

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi BA,

    I'd like to "friend you" on Facebook but I'm so incredibly tech savvy that I can't seem to find your Facebook page. I'm on Facebook, thanks to the kids, but I only half way know what I'm doing most of the time. I searched under Blog Antagonist but nothing came up. How do I find you??

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Riebee said…

    Sent you an email my dear.

    Hope to see you on there shortly!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Sarahviz said…

    Congrats on the new gig! And how are the eyeballs?!

    Will you friend me, Friend?

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous jodi said…

    i read all the time and you won't know me either. i don't know that i've ever commented, because your fabulous OTHER readers have almost always all ready said what i wanted to, only better and more elloquently.

    i am friends with Nina, does that get me points?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home